If you are considering joining or starting a VCP-MA 7 study group, visit the overview post Tech Exam Study Groups. It covers why study groups help with exam preparation, who can benefit from them, what happens in a study group and some tips for making the most of your valuable time.
Details of the VCP7-CMA 7 Exam can be found here. Once you pass the exam, you will receive the VCP-CMA 2019 certification. The recommended 19xx Hands on Labs are on vRealize Automation 7.4.0 as of March 2019.
Where study groups fit in:
The study group structure outlined in the post Tech Exam Study Groups is designed to complement (not replace) the official Instructor Led Course and your own study. Figure 1. summarises the time commitment to prepare for the exam based on my own experience and working with others in study groups.
If you are putting in the hours, make sure to get the most out of the study groups by participating fully and doing the pre-study.
Discussion Leader – Expectations
Your study group facilitator will ask you to be the discussion lead for at least one session. For the week that you are the lead:
- Commit to completing the entire set of content for the week you are leading so that you can guide the discussion
- Prepare to give a short (5 minute) overview of the topic – keep it short and casual. Whiteboarding works better than slides
- Share 1 thing you learned first then go around the group and ask each person to share 1 thing
If the discussion gets off track it is your job for this topic to bring the conversation back.
VCP-MA 7 Study Group Resources:
1.The below study plan is not endorsed by VMware, but is collected from free resources found online. In particular, Jad El-Zein’s Detailed Implementation Guide video series. The materials are linked throughout.
2.The Exam Blueprint and the reading materials listed within are the ultimate source of truth. It is recommended that you read the official documentation linked in the blueprint and refer to the study materials in this document to assist with your learning.
3.The official VMware practice exam is available here.
4. Nothing beats hands on experience! If you don’t have your own environment, use the Hands on Labs to practice the steps outlined in the study guides and in the videos in each module.
5. Study Group Tracker: You can track your process using the VCP-CMA Study Tracker. This was inspired by Travis Wood who wrote the VCP-DT Study Tracker and Chris Porter who wrote the VCP-DCV Study Tracker.
Day Zero – Before your Study Group Kick-Off
Section 1 – Create and Modify vRealize Automation Blueprints
Section 2 – Configure and Manage Tenants and Business Groups
Section 3 – Install and Configure vRealize Automation and Related Components
Section 4 – Configure and Manage the vRealize Automation Catalog (Coming Soon)
Section 5 – Configure and Administer Fabric Groups and Endpoints (Coming Soon)
Section 6 – Extend a vRealize Automation Implementation (Coming Soon)
- Official Practice Exam
- vBrownbags Series VCP6 – CMA
- 3rd party courses online – make sure to check certguard
Protecting the Value of Your Certification
Please don’t use Dumps:
You will agree to an NDA upon entering the Exam center: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=49281&ui=www_cert