The storage topic is easier to digest broken into two parts. Part 2 covers Software Defined Storage: vVols and vSAN.
See VCP-DCV 6.5 Section 3 –Configure and Administer vSphere 6.x Storage – Part 1 for study resources on traditional vSphere Storage: SAN and NAS.
- Resources @uprightvynl.co.uk – Minimum read objective summaries by @vladan.fr (1 hour 30 mins) OR
- Study guide by Shane Williford: pp 30-37 (1 hour 30 mins)
Virtual Volumes Technical Deep Dive – VMworld 2016 (43 minutes)
Top 10 Things to Know about VMware Virtual SAN – VMworld 2017 (1 hour)
- In HOL, use the search function to find and complete these labs:
- HOL-1927-01-HCI -VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes and Storage Policy Based Management – (2 hours)
- HOL-1908-01-HCI – vSAN v6.7 – Getting Started – (2 hours)
- HOL-1908-02-CHG – vSAN v6.7 – Challenge Lab – (3-4 hours)
- Practice Questions @TheSlog (12 questions)
- Prepare to explain 3 things you learned about vSphere Software Defined Storage this week